FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaked: Fall WOH promotion
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:02 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I find it rather on par with their other fairly weak promos during the last 2 years. I have 15 nights planned under the promo period and getting 7500 bonus points only amounts to 500 pts per night. I'd actually be better off under just about any of their other promos they've run. On the upper end though, it isn't all that bad a bonus rate (1500 pts a night). 40 nights during three months in the Fall is quite a bit of travel though,-- even during my busiest of travel times it is quite unreasonably high. But that is on purpose to capture those out there are road warriors. This is designed well in my opinion to increase business (unlike most of their promos). If you have a lot of nights that you can swing to Hyatt, this promo may make it worth-your-while.

In my situation, if I travel 5 more nights than already planned, I get 10,000 more bonus pts. I have numerous evenings this Fall where I am attending events in Tulsa where I can stay at the HR (a cat 1) vs driving home late at night. I wasn't planning on staying all that much this fall, but this may make me reconsider. The promo makes it to where I can stay 5 extra nights at the price of 3. Well, actually that 5 nights will be enough to get me over the 90 night bonus mark where I can get another 10,000 bonus points too, so I already have the 5 nights for the price of 3 without the promo, and with the promo, those 5 nights now only come at the price of 1.