FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:00 am
studentff

Programs: Former UA 1P
From: https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...arly-arrested/ (bolding mine)

Meanwhile my 10 year old daughter had already been sent through the detector and was far out of our sight on the other side of the machine
As a matter of process, this family was traveling with a 10 year old child. Shouldn't both parents and the thirteen-year-old have received an automatic pass from the NoS since part of the family was under 12?

The supervisor then turned to me and explained that once a child turns 13 that child is considered an adult and thus subject to a full body pat-down if the child refuses to go through the scanner.

I threw him off guard, asking him, “are you a father?” I repeated the question.

“I am a grandfather,” he replied.

“How would you feel if your young daughter or grand-daughter was forced to submit to a woman grabbing her genitals?”

His face darkened: “I wouldn’t like it; I don’t like it at all.”

“It’s sick what our country has become,” I added.

“It sure is,” he agreed. “But there’s nothing I can do about it. It’s policy.”
Somebody should crowdfund a trip to Auschwitz, Dachau, and Nuremburg for this supervisor so he can learn the history of what happens when government employees fall back on following policy. (And no, I'm not saying the abuses of TSA and the abuses of Nazi Germany are equal, but there are significant parallels in the mentality of the low-level clerks.)