FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it rude to use premier benefits?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:32 am
DutchessPDX

Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller

It’s amazing how many people don’t understand that though. I was on the (ultimately canceled) DEN-LHR at the end of July after we departed and returned due to a medical emergency. I and a few others went to the UC, checked the app, called reservations and got the rebooking about 25 minutes after the cancellation.

But as I’m leaving the UC to go to a hotel the number of J pax I’d recognized lining up (in the long long line) for the 10.45pm skeleton CS desk service was incredible. I asked one of them (who I’d talked to on the plane) why he, wife and daughter were lining up. He didn’t have the app and didn’t know which number to call. I suggested they go to the UC before it closed (he had about 15 minutes).
100% this! I've told this story before but I was booked on a flight from PDX-SFO, last flight of the night, we pulled back from the gate and then the flight was canceled. I immediately got on the phone and called CS. I was on hold but got in the line for the ONE gate agent trying to re-book an entire plane. I was number 3 in line, but still managed to get re-booked for the first flight the next morning before the first person was even done! I walked down the line of people and told them to call United and it would be faster but they all just looked at me like I was crazy. Shrug. I was probably back home before most of them were even helped.