FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it rude to use premier benefits?
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller

It’s amazing how many people don’t understand that though. I was on the (ultimately canceled) DEN-LHR at the end of July after we departed and returned due to a medical emergency. I and a few others went to the UC, checked the app, called reservations and got the rebooking about 25 minutes after the cancellation.

But as I’m leaving the UC to go to a hotel the number of J pax I’d recognized lining up (in the long long line) for the 10.45pm skeleton CS desk service was incredible. I asked one of them (who I’d talked to on the plane) why he, wife and daughter were lining up. He didn’t have the app and didn’t know which number to call. I suggested they go to the UC before it closed (he had about 15 minutes).
Agree that lounge seems to often be the fastest way to get things sorted out (supposing of course you beat all the elites heading there in the event of a cancellation and the dragon isn't upset which we've heard reports on in the forum). Failing that I'll go to the priority Customer Service lane for assistance. Sometimes I'll use the phone/app to rebook but it really depends on the situation. For instance, if I'm going to be stranded overnight, I'll want to see someone at least to get the hotel and meal vouchers... I'm guessing that can't be done on the app or over the phone? Also when AC turned my 5 hour layover in EWR into a 10 hour one, I wanted to see someone to at least get a meal voucher since the MLL at EWR makes DOM UC lounges look like a Polaris lounge!

Safe Travels,

James