FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phone lost at IAH (17 Aug 2018) & now found
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:13 pm
economyplusfan

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by kale73
I wouldn't give up so quickly. Several years ago I left an iPad in the seat-back pocket of a UAX flight inbound to IAH. I was involved in a VDB that happened after I had boarded the flight and while de-boarding to accept the VDB I forgot my iPad. I realized it about 5 minutes after the plane departed and notified the gate agent, who said she was able to get word to the receiving GA at IAH (not sure about that, but that's what I was told). When I got to IAH about an hour later, I went to the gate where my original flight had arrived. No sign of the iPad. I chalked it up as lost.

Four weeks later I got a phone call from United Lost & Found: "Kale73, we've found your iPad. Where would you like it shipped?"
Indeed, patience has paid off, as you suggest. I received an email from United today (8 days after I was notified that they had the phone in their possession at IAH) asking for shipping information and a credit card payment for shipping. Yippee!! Thanks to all at FT for the education and advice, and a special thanks to COSPILOT for offering to collect my phone from United baggage in IAH.