FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:03 pm
dcchi

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
These changes are impossible to follow and the reports from recent experiences (thanks to everyone for posting) actually makes me want to devolve to the relatively safety of (free but not optimal breakfasts) at the RI/FF/SHS chains until this craziness gets worked out!

Case in point, we have an upcoming Disneyland trip (yes, Lord help me), and I called the Marriott Anaheim Suites to ask if they had a lounge. They said they didn't and then I asked whether they offered breakfast to Platinums. Their answer was the oddest I've gotten yet, which was that I had to tell them when I made my reservation that I wanted breakfast. I was confused and thought she meant that I had to choose the "with breakfast" rate (which would obviously defeat the purpose), so I asked whether she meant that I had to tell them at check-in (not at the time I reserved). She replied "at the time of reservation" to which I decided the weirdness/confusion was not worth the effort and crossed that hotel off my list....I'm guessing she was just confused, but with all the inconsistent answers being given, who knows!?