FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Resort / resident fees at Accor -an unwelcome development
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:26 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you all for your responses. It seems that this madness is spreading around very quickly in US main cities

Originally Posted by fransknorge
It was reported Sofitel Chicago jumped on that bandwagon earlier this year, seems Washington too.
Now that you say it, I remember this discussion on the forum. I can fear we'll see this in every major US city now. This is really unacceptable.

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I would really like to know if Accor HQ is OK with this and endorse it or if those are hotels going rogue.
I would love to hear Accor HQ opinion whether this should be considered as normal practices
Paging Accorhotelsconcierge !

Originally Posted by markis10
Its a way of making the hotel look cheaper than it is, because they can exclude it from the room cost.

The Resort Fee Scam in Washington, DC ? Kill Resort Fees
Exactly. And thanks for sharing this link. Interesting...

Originally Posted by Often1
OP - Taking a quick look at the US website, the fee is clearly disclosed next to each room rate. If you booked through the property's website and it was not disclosed there or on your confirmation, I would ask for a refund (and barring that dispute that part of the charge). If it was disclosed and you booked, particularly because one must acknowledge the rate and conditions, it may be an annoying practice, but it is one which you agreed to.
Look at my post and screenshot I posted. This fee was clearly mentioned in my booking confirmation, but somewhat "hidden" at the end (and I didn't see it/paid attention). So I have not been cheated by the hotel, but that doesn't mean this practice should be considered as acceptable.
This is NOT acceptable IMO.

And still an open question : is this fee eligible to status points earning. Paging again Accorhotelsconcierge / Amy