FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:00 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Before 8/18, they "included" one full buffet breakfast for a platinum or higher elite as part of the resort fee. The general manager told me after 8/18 all eligible elites would receive a full buffet breakfast for two. He made a big deal about this because under the new program they only have to offer a "continental" breakfast, according to him. The general manager is: Christopher Tatum <[email protected]>

I've stayed there 4-5 times this year. If I return, which I may soon, I'll update but I'll probably go for the Westin if the rates are competitive as I prefer being right on the beach.
Thanks! They used to include two full buffets in the resort fee for plats but I recalled hearing they had dropped it. Curious what else, if anything, they have added or dropped as covered in the resort fee.

As for the Westin, I've stayed there a couple of times and at the Marriott Waikiki 30-40 times. I like being on the beach but the Marriott Waikiki is very good about upgrades and while I love the class and tradition of the Westin, the rooms aren't so great. I'll update here and the Waikiki post on the latest.