FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:04 am
Dianne47

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I phoned Chase this morning as I was planning to switch my CSP to Freedom, wait a week, and apply for the CSR card. Here's what the phone lady (who seemed sharp) told me.

• The new rule for 48 months between cards actually goes into effect in September, but she didn't know exactly when in September.
• The 48 months is from the date the cardholder was credited with the previous bonus, not from the previous card opening date.
• The new rule for changing over from CSP to CSR is: switch CSP to Freedom or Freedom Unlimited (to keep Ultimate Rewards points) and then wait "2 full billing cycles or 46 days for the previous card to completely close out [huh?] to apply for the CSR card."
• Cardholder must have had a minimum of $10K credit on the CSP to be eligible to apply for the CSR.

These changes are disastrous for me, now I cannot apply for the CSR until July of next year. I have large expenses coming up in October and November (that I would've put on the new CSR card) plus a 5-weeks trip to Europe with many train tickets and 30+ days of hotel stays in May of 2019. Basically, the Chase "new rules" will cost me a roundtrip business class ticket for my next long trip in the near future, it will now take me additional years to earn enough points.