FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:18 am
dmodemd

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Before I combined accounts it only showed 3 years of Platinum, however I first earned Plat in 2012 and have qualified as Plat or PP every year since then. One year I did get a soft landing from PP to Plat when I really only earned Gold. (There is a 3-yr nights number that can keep you Plat.) So I was showing way low in the app. When I combined, I got 1 more year of Plat and 1 year of Gold added even though I NEVER earned any status in SPG, only been matched. So that is all messed up right now.
I am hoping that once my 15 nights come in from the card that I will clear Plat again this year (7th) and move up to LT Gold.
I did some checking on past data to see why they are only showing 4 years of Platinum when I should have 6 or 7. Here is my data (all Marriott only):

June 2012 turned Platinum (status match)
115 nights in 2012 Plat
201 nights in 2013 Plat
189 nights in 2014 Plat
134 nights in 2015 Plat
44 nights in 2016 PlatPrem
32 nights in 2017 PlatPrem (Rollover from 2015+2016 earned for 2017)
Started 2018 – Platinum (soft land) (will have 50+ earned for this year)
<miniscule SPG prior to 2018>

It appears they are only counting literal nights earned each year and applying it to rules. Probably not considering status matches, rollover nights, or soft lands, however I am still showing short (before combining it only showed 3 years Plat). It will remain to be seen if they do decide to count these as people call in. I am just waiting it out to see if they enhance the criteria and recalculate before the end of the year.

You can search your emails for Marriott and a subject about "Your Account" at the top of every year, usually about Megabonus, and it will show your total nights and status for the previous year.