FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checked bags on non-UA operated flights booked on UA.com
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:11 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by emcampbe

I mean missing on the UA-issued e-receipt only.

I’m only silver this year, but have been gold or plat every year since prior to the merger before that, and have rarely had an incorrectly assigned number of free bags that I can remember when checking in - the last time I can recall having an issue was when flying US Air when they were in *A.

AC agents should have access to the number of free bags coded into the ticket and incorporating status, assuming that is showing correctly to AC. What a reservation agent sees at the call center should be exactly what a check in agent will see, which will both show what the computer calculates based on everything. If you are really concerned it’s not correct, bring your *G card to show at check in.
The only time I had an issue was on a UA codeshare, AC operated transborder flight. AC agent wanted to charge me $25 for checking the first bag, claiming that only the second bag was free according to the computer. Complained to AC customer service and got a refund.