FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:56 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
With Waikiki, for example, If I read correctly, Plats will continue to be eligible to use the lounges at the Westin Moana and Sheraton but not (if there is one) at the Royal Hawaiian Luxury Collection. For a 3-4 year period, I was at the Marriott Waikiki 8-10 times a year. As a Plat, they would give full buffet breakfast for two in connection with the resort fee. It's been at least a year since I've been back so I'm not sure how they are handling now. The rules would seem to make clear that they need to offer breakfast to a plat + 1.
Before 8/18, they "included" one full buffet breakfast for a platinum or higher elite as part of the resort fee. The general manager told me after 8/18 all eligible elites would receive a full buffet breakfast for two. He made a big deal about this because under the new program they only have to offer a "continental" breakfast, according to him. The general manager is: Christopher Tatum <[email protected]>

I've stayed there 4-5 times this year. If I return, which I may soon, I'll update but I'll probably go for the Westin if the rates are competitive as I prefer being right on the beach.