FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:55 am
oxtailsoup

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Stayed last Friday and my overall experience was very good. I will definitely stay again.

I'm not sure we received a tangible room upgrade as such. We booked a deluxe king and ended up in a deluxe king, albeit on a higher floor (6). The room was absolutely fine and surprisingly quiet.

The best thing about this hotel are their employees. Everyone we encountered was professional, friendly and helpful.

We we tried the lounge for afternoon tea and pre dinner canapés. The afternoon tea was very good indeed. A nice selection of sandwiches and cakes. The lounge itself is quite nicely furnished too.

Evening canapés were comparable with other London properties. Limited food and self pour drinks. The cheese board was very good... not cold pieces of bland cheese out of a fridge!

We ate breakfast in the main restaurant and that was very good also.

The only issue I had with this hotel was purely a User Error issue... we kept getting lost every time we went for a walk! It was easy to find other landmarks but we always struggled to find our way back to the hotel! Even with google maps.. which kept getting its knickers in a twist.

We we will definitely stay again.