FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:08 am
Joshua

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
[QUOTE=sfsummersublet]This is very helpful.

I am in a very similar boat as Joshua - need 5 more stays to reach 25 stays this year and re-qualify as what used to be SPG Platinum. I am currently SPG Platinum (or I guess Platinum Elite under the new combined program).

Am I correct that the consensus is:
1. Qualifying for Platinum under the old SPG program with 25 stays by 12/31/18 will qualify us for Platinum Elite under the new combined program?
2. We need to track our own stays so that if there is an issue in 2019 and we are not considered Platinum Elite, we can contest it?

I am dreading having to stay 50 nights next year to reach Platinum again. 25 stays was much more feasible.

Thank you for the comments.

I'm not really sure 50 nights is even worth it - if it earned Platinum Premier, it might be. One of my challenges is that Hilton Gold and SPG/Marriott Gold currently require zero nights' stays for United 1K Premiers, Amex Plat cardholders, etc. which means it's a lot of stays until one notices any more benefits at all.