FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Splitting up Families (Basic Economy ticket)
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:54 am
omaralt

Originally Posted by dgparent
They can sit together no problem, just buy the correct fare, and pick your seats. Pretty simple. BE is for :

1. People travelling alone and do not care where they sit
2. People travelling together and do not care if they are split up and don't care about seat assignments.

If I am "too busy" to make the proper reservations, I mean who doesn't have 10 minutes to make a reservation after the kids are in bed, then why should I have the right to ask the airline to make others move because I am "too busy" ? Really ? IRROPS and you bought the correct fare no problem get the family together, too busy to bother or to cheap not my problem and not the airlines either.
no, i disagree. in something as important as seating families with young children (i'm not talking about 10+ year olds here) then the decision should not be left to the individual. the airline needs to force the issue. either force you to pay for for full economy or allow free seat selection. BA famously charges for seat selection, even in business class. however i'm flying in business with BA next month and lo and behold they allow free seat selection when traveling with an infant.