FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Splitting up Families (Basic Economy ticket)
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:52 am
dgparent

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by secondsoprano
I read these kind of stories here from time to time and it always makes me shake my head in utter disbelief. How is this even possible? How can it not be OBVIOUS that families should sit together? I don't care what they paid or what someone else paid or who wants an aisle seat or who is platinum whatever or thinks they're entitled to what. I don't care. It's barbaric. We are talking about young children. Why do you need the law to require you to behave with basic human decency? What sort of uncivilised country allows kids to be separated from their parents like that?
They can sit together no problem, just buy the correct fare, and pick your seats. Pretty simple. BE is for :

1. People travelling alone and do not care where they sit
2. People travelling together and do not care if they are split up and don't care about seat assignments.

If I am "too busy" to make the proper reservations, I mean who doesn't have 10 minutes to make a reservation after the kids are in bed, then why should I have the right to ask the airline to make others move because I am "too busy" ? Really ? IRROPS and you bought the correct fare no problem get the family together, too busy to bother or to cheap not my problem and not the airlines either.

People that travel get jaded, they see these "stories" every week. Preboarding last month in LAX on AA, 1 lady is on crutches she had 9 people preboard with her, do you think after seeing that and many other examples of passengers taking advantage of the system that when we are asked to switch to a middle seat to accommodate someone we say just say no ?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 28, 2018 at 11:27 am Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit