FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New and refreshed Amex SPG/Bonvoy cards - August 2018 & February 2019
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:44 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I found this on another thread in the Marriott sub-forum:

"From the FAQ:

What do I need to do with my new member number? How will this impact future reservations I’ve already booked?

New member numbers will be automatically applied to any existing reservations and linked with your Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card(s) from American Express. Remember to apply your new number to any new hotel reservations and meetings/events bookings that you make and confirm that any travel partners have your updated information."
So far, it is my experience that this isn't actually happening re: hotel reservations (I checked into a hotel last night that still had my old SPG number which was showing as no status, and when I gave them my new SPG number -- which was a replacement for my SPG number, not a merger into a Marriott number -- they said that then registered as Platinum). So I'm not optimistic it's happening for the credit card either.

But, it's possible that Marriott is handling it correctly where people may have replaced their SPG number with a Marriott number, but somehow forgot to account for / didn't handle correctly cases where people's SPG numbers changed independently of merging their accounts, which is what happened for me.