FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some Classic DYKWIA Behaviour in T5 North Galleries
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:37 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BOH
Sat down this afternoon in one of those clusters of armchairs to the left of the BA Information Desk in T5 North Lounge. There are 5 (maybe 6) separate power outlets in the arm of a few of these chairs and this bloke in the widow of the cluster I sat in was using every single one. He was charging 2 phones, an I-Pad, a laptop and an electric shaver. Now not every chair has power outlets so I politely asked him to disconnect one....he refused saying, "no, sorry but I need to charge all my devices for my flight".
You should have said, "Oh, you should fly business class next time, they have power points on board, assuming it's long haul, which you must be on, to need so many gadgets to keep busy. My sincere commiseration for economy class travel"

He might have disconnected everything, pretending to be in J, if he's a real DYKWIA...

What I'd have done would have been to whip out a double adaptor and ask him if it's OK if I used my double adaptor and shared one of the power points that way (I'm a sad sod who travels with a double adaptor).