FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent stays missing, were on old SPG
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:15 am
uppereastsider

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Still don't know how people are handling this w/o Flyertalk support. I'd be losing my mind

My deal: went from 46 nights YTD to 43 YTD after the merger. I can even tell them the 3 stays are that are missing (not displayed on new SPG site, but when i click on the old SPG link, they are displayed. This at least gives me hope the data will eventually work... but man)

Booked 2 stays week of the merger. They haven't posted. Glad to see others are experiencing the same so I'm not calling them and spending an hour on hold

Credit card spending (I went heavy on SPG Amex before 8/1) hasn't posted

I was 4 nights away from LT Gold under old SPG rules. Now, I have no idea what's counted/not counted since the lifetime counter is incorrect. Even though they claim I can make it under old SPG rules, my confidence in their ability to 1) Track it 2) Actually have LT Gold displayed after meeting the requirements is little. If somehow I lose my ability to make LT Gold, despite their reassurances..... man. But if they can't get this all fixed, how are they going to qualify people under old SPG/MR rules and figure it out? I don't know..

At this point, the only way we can respond to this is via our wallet. So for me, no more SPG/MR bookings (I have 3 nights booked for vacation in October to get LT Gold... booked 12 months ago), no more SPG credit card spending, no more sponsoring company events at SPG/MR hotels. I was planning to just hit my 55 night requalify with Hyatt, but I just added 5 nights that SPG would have gotten, and now I'm aiming to get the bonuses for hitting 70/80 nights with Hyatt.

I'm hoping this will be solved by October so I can get LT Gold, but the lack of communication is not only startling, but very, very discomforting. It makes me wonder if they even fully understand the extent of every issue - and how many more issues are being discovered daily?

I was pessimistic when the merger was announced, but was impressed by Marriott's early response (3x point conversion, plat status at MR, etc etc), but have now gone back to being pessimistic about it. Meanwhile, I'm currently at a Hyatt for 5 nights with a confirmed suite upgrade (Andaz Singapore studio suite - amazing room) and then off to Grand Hyatt Tokyo where I'm confirmed for a 1k square foot suite. Why should Marriott receive any more business when Hyatt goes out of their way to make me happy? (I'm also one of the lucky few with an amazing Hyatt Concierge)