FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New and refreshed Amex SPG/Bonvoy cards - August 2018 & February 2019
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:32 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
I am also interested in the answer to this question if anyone has any insight. (Both for my SPG number changing and my old Marriott number, which was tied to a Chase card, in theory no longer existing). Though there are so many other things still screwed up on my SPG account, including my points from my SPG Amex statement that closed 10 days ago not having shown up yet, that I haven't bothered to start any cleanup yet since I'm assuming Marriott is still working on all of it, but there's not really any way to know for sure...
I found this on another thread in the Marriott sub-forum:

"From the FAQ:

What do I need to do with my new member number? How will this impact future reservations I’ve already booked?

New member numbers will be automatically applied to any existing reservations and linked with your Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card(s) from American Express. Remember to apply your new number to any new hotel reservations and meetings/events bookings that you make and confirm that any travel partners have your updated information."