FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:54 pm
HoustonConsultant

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
I'm looking at heading out to this week during the third week of October and am considering bringing the family with me. Looks like they have a nice pool, but it sounds like it is not heated all of the time.

Is the weather typically nice enough in late October to take advantage of the pool and are the pools heated during that time of year?
We just finished up our annual kids' birthday long weekend at Lost Pines (and did Schlitterbahn water park one of the days). Lost Pines treats the kids crazy well each year. We did Coconut Point this year too, and CP has a better water park, but Lost Pines wins in terms of customer service.

October in Texas is normally our perfect time of the year, and we are in our pool in October, but the end of October may be cutting it close in terms of pool temperature. You could have a week of 85 degree weather and it would be perfect or a week of 65 degree weather that would be pretty chilly in the pool.

If you are from Aruba, the water in October will feel cold. If you are from Minnesota, the water in October will be toasty.

We get the horribly labelled "junior suite", which is a full suite with a separate bedroom and a full living room (pull out sofa) and table seating for four. The regency club was open this trip, and it is fine for a family resort (which would drive some folks crazy). I actually like it a bit better when the club is closed and you get the full breakfast in the restaurant (although the pecan pie as an evening snack in the club is missed).