FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:33 pm
jrella

Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for the update. Looks like you are all set. IIRC, you canceled a reservation online and the OC5 did not return to your account. Instead you got 45K pts refunded. Eventually you were able to reorder a NC4 (QP83) with the 45K but was not able to book.

This is the First DP that the NC can be attached to a property, unless I have missed posts on that.

I wonder why some (very few though) agent could do it but majority of them could not? Did the agent mention anything about "Old System" or anything like s/he had to go to a different screen to do it?

I have a 7 nights at HKG for 3rd week of Oct that is booked with Points Advance method. Currently my certs are the OC1-5 (the property is at 25K NC4). I have up to Oct 10 to attach the cert (per the 14 days rule). Hopefully by Sept 19th we could use our certs without having to jump thru hoops, waste many manhours / kill many braincells just to be able to use our certs.
I managed to attach my new NC4 (previously OC1-6) to a property in HKG (a new cat 1-4 ) by asking the agent after she downgraded the OC6 to NC4. The confirmed booking and 30k refund showed up instantly in my Marriott app.