FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa (Austin, TX) - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:03 pm
ClarkGriswold

Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
I'm looking at heading out to this week during the third week of October and am considering bringing the family with me. Looks like they have a nice pool, but it sounds like it is not heated all of the time.

Is the weather typically nice enough in late October to take advantage of the pool and are the pools heated during that time of year?
We often visit here the first week of October, as it's a good time when the crowds from summer have dissipated, it's cooler, but warm enough for the pools (we only live about 90 minutes away, so this is a common staycation destination for us). The lazy river definitely isn't heated. I think the main pool is, but definitely not kept warm enough to use in late fall / winter (when it's warm enough during the day here but cold at night).

Usually, I'd say the end of October would probably be pushing it with regard to pools, but given the intensity of heat we've had in central texas this summer, you may be fine.

Pools aside, there's a fair amount of activities at this resort for families. We were there last December, and my young kids weren't bored at all.

Last edited by ClarkGriswold; Aug 27, 2018 at 2:14 pm