Old Aug 27, 18, 9:28 am
OliverB

This is such a mess... I have a 7 night stay at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel in Nov/Dec. It's an award stay and the required points were removed from my account months ago and certificate was ordered and supposedly sent to the hotel. Now I'm seeing no acknowledgment of that anywhere and the reservation is still telling me to order e-certs and its trying to remove the full amount of points or charge me full rate when I click on the link to do so. I'm on the phone w Marriott now which is also frustrating (avg wait time for assistance has been 15 min w every phone call this week) and hoping this gets resolved asap but it shouldn't have ever happened in the first place. What a completely stupid way to roll out this new program.

EDIT: Looking at account activity, it shows that I redeemed a 5 night award cert (-180,000 Points) for a cat. 9 hotel and then a 2 night award cert (-90,000 Points) both on 05/26. That was for the Mauna Kea. Now my reservation shows that I owe 300,000 points! Not only have my e-certificates been knocked out but it's reflecting the NEW redemption rate which is total BS. Customers shouldn't have to be sorting out Marriott's messed up system. I'm really aggravated about this: 30 min on wait now for a supervisor and I'm still on hold.

EDIT #2 : Supervisor is apparently calling the hotel right now to find out what's going on.

Last edited by OliverB; Aug 27, 18 at 9:43 am