FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:42 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I have often seen housekeeping cleaning the room next to mine when leaving in the morning for a couple of hours, thinking "great, I'm sure they'll do my room next"... wrong, on 2 occasions (not this hotel) rooms where still not done at 4pm.

I presume they always clean the checked-out rooms and the rest later on. Sort of understand this, but still my expectation is that all rooms must be cleaned by about 1pm latest.

I think it is an organizational issue, and housekeeping should clean checked-out rooms first and then those which have the sign "please clean" on their doors (which is not always followed, so why this sign at all?), followed by all others rooms
Also, and I suggested this to Jeff Zidell when he was still Mr. Gold Passport, the exact timing of housekeeping could also be a tier perk...
Im not making excuses for the PHBKK they did drop the bucket. However it also seems that TPG did as well. Could be his room was slated to be cleaned before 9:30 but since he was in it it was passed on I understand what is expected at a PH and not at say Motel6. Who knows how many checkouts they had during the time TPG allowed them to clean it, could be they didnt have the time as they were busy cleaning the room that were needed for new arrivals.

cant help but feel it was a compensation play on his part. Definitely not something Id speak to a GM about unless I was told by everyone else below him/her to go pound sand, which I doubt occured. I would 1st speak to head of housekeeping, oh but they wont give me any compensation better not do that Id end up empty handed