FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voluntary Denied Boarding - VDB/Bump Experiences on UA [2018]
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:07 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by mehitabel
Ha, good catch. It IS in rough shape - in the UC club now crying into my coffee. Looks like half the flights going through EWR are delayed - the 11:35am just announced boarding, 2.5 hours late. UC help desk fielding a long line of pax in similar high dudgeon. They even checked other carriers into JFK, but everything full up this aft and into the evening.

Suggestions? What kind of double dip would you advise? Right now I'm just hunkering down and getting some work done, viewing it as a redeye and being thankful for the lie-flat. But I don't have much faith in the estimated 7:30pm(!) departure (as if that weren't bad enough.) Any coaching welcome

Btw: NO advance notification from UA. Plane coming from EWR - so they must have known in advance. Per the app it actually departed EWR at 4pm and is due SFO at 7:17pm, so I'm guessing we'll actually dep 7:45-8pm. Grrrrr.
My guess would be ATC in EWR... they likely changed aircraft logistics and utilized your aircraft for another flight that was likely impacted by inbounds.... hard to say for sure. Yeah... what a mess. I just left SFO an hour ago and saw the mess on the boards.

Looks like they finally got you out... red eye flight in J is not a bad deal..... 5 hours late stinks though. At least you aren't on the 11:35am flight, which is delayed til 9pm because of ATC + mx now. LOL