FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:45 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
I have to be honest. 2 stays this the merger In Marriott properties and had the best upgrade ever in those properties (recurring guest and had to fight for a room with a view upgrade in the past).

Sounfs that in both cases the reservation and front desk was kind of impressed to be contacted by ambassodor prior the stay. They both told me that it’s first time they have someone calling them prior to stay.

Lets hope this will last and that spg ambassador will continue to make it happens even at Marriott properties.
Can we ask what properties they were and what the upgrades were? I think specifics are very helpful.

I’m also entertained that both Marriott hotels were so impressed to be contacted by an Ambassador...and that contact clearly made a major difference in both hotel experience. Some others continue to believe the only way to recognize elite status is through an automated code at the front desk. Clearly, that wasn’t the case here; your Ambassador contacted the hotels and had major impact, you still had tremendous recognition and still got impressive upgrades. Go figure.