FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:34 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zerodegre

Can I book a reservation on points without them having to come out of my account. I’m trying to put on hold a five night reservation for one of my 5 night certs certificates. Then when booking is avail with certs again. I will apply it. If there please let me know how.
Originally Posted by crimsona
In a trip right now so not able to call, but if I already have a new travel pack, can it be attached ?

I wasn't able to do points advance since I had the requisite number in points in the account. I suppose I need to make a dummy booking to use up the points and then a second reservation on advance, and then try to attach the new cat 4?
You need to first make some dummy bookings to deplete your existing point balance to at least below 30% of the requirement of your intended booking - this way would prevent the system automatically take points from your account, even not enough for the full requirement. I have found that the system WILL take partial payment from the point balance.
Once your point balance has gone down enough, then you can make the reservation with the point advance condition - can be done on all Marriott properties, not sure if it is done on Marriott site, would it also allow you to do so on SPG prperties. Supposedly SPG properties cannot be booked this way but who knows how the website behaves now, since there is no more SPG system any more.