FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:01 pm
IAHFlyBoi

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel

CSR now tells me that I won’t be PP until I hit 75 nights this year. I mentioned to her that when I took the Plat challenge in 2017 and I qualified, I would be Plat (75night) through Jan 2019. She checked with several people and said that I was lucky that I was “grandfathered” in as Plat (50 night) in new program since I am <50 nights right now. While I’m close 50, once I combine MR and SPG, I’ll be close to 75.
Certainly seems like the CSRs are basing their info on anecdotes. I spoke to a Melissa, who told me that they are having migration issues and that this is a known issue. I also inquired about the fact that I am about to hit legacy MR Gold for life which would be like the new Platinum LT status and she said that yes that is what is supposed to happen. The odds of things figuring themselves out are 50/50. To be honest, Marriott needs to honor Legacy to new PP for those that completed the challenge, and they will once these issues are ironed out. I'm still showing as a Plat instead of a PP.