FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed in Marriott
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:58 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cfischer
I hope you feel better now. Of course most of what you complain about is either not true or viewed very simplistically. If you don't like it ... take your business elsewhere. Otherwise there are plenty of threads that may help you understand the new benefits.
Also, please no cross-posting. That's against the rules, but I guess you know that.
I want to take my business elsewhere but SPG is gone now and sucked up by an entity that does not allow for the same sweet redemption as SPG used to. Are you saying I was missing something when I called literally 5 times as of late about over 25 hotels world wide and got the same answer every time from the newly minted merger agents? "Sorry. We have that in cash now but not in points."

I have been looking for "new benefits" and I see very little ADDED to what I was used to. Yah I knew it was coming and nothing was as good as SPG but seriously, what new benefits are you speaking of? That is, with regards to:
  1. Being able to easily use points especially on properties that everyone knows are really good vaca spots at popular times of the year
  2. the ability for unlimited amounts of points transfers (with spg you could do that between family members in increments of 1k)
  3. brekky for platinum members and the guest in their room, and sometimes that extended to others booked in other rooms at the same time depending on availability
  4. the ability to spend $ on your CC and actually get enough for a room night relatively easily (with or without MS)
  5. The fact that if a room was available, you could usually also book it with points--whereas with marriott, that is not always the case. more times than not, their mantra has always been that they only have some points rooms if any, and the rest can only be done with cash so you will never really get one.
  6. The ability to transfer SPG points to airlines for a good rate

Again, where are your benefits that are better than these?
Please tell me first before telling me to take my biz elsewhere and then I will gladly go there. But first I gotta get rid of these useless Marriott points!