FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL0583 DTW - PVG Overbooked Delta One cabin by 2
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:39 pm
KissFlyGoodbye

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by 1353513636
I thought standard practice was to give the first guy 5K too if the second guy gets 5K, no?
This did not happen at the sky club. The agent processed the downgrade right at the desk and the guy was given PS. They sent him the gift card via email as she requested that. The gate agent specifically said the offer was available for rows 1-9.

Originally Posted by ethernal
I get that value is subjective. Obviously someone took the seat, so to them it was a reasonable exchange of value. I guess I'm surprised that (a) someone took the offer and (b) Delta started with such an insulting low voluntary bump offer for a D1 pax on a 14-15 hour flight.

If it was indeed difference of fare PLUS $2K then that would be different.
As far as I know, there was no mention of difference in fare. It was only for 2k for the amex gift card, amazon, delta, etc. The starting offer was not 2k. The starting offer was at 600 originally because they justified that you were going on the same flight and just a downgrade into a lesser cabin. Of course no one took it for that price.