FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:11 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel

CSR now tells me that I won’t be PP until I hit 75 nights this year. I mentioned to her that when I took the Plat challenge in 2017 and I qualified, I would be Plat (75night) through Jan 2019. She checked with several people and said that I was lucky that I was “grandfathered” in as Plat (50 night) in new program since I am <50 nights right now. While I’m close 50, once I combine MR and SPG, I’ll be close to 75.
Another CSR making things up. If you had Platinum status before the merge you should be PP now. Too many agents try to prove the error correct than trying to correct the error, it's less work for them. If you need the status for an upcoming stay, then try calling in again to find someone that either knows or will find the right people to ask. Otherwise, you can sit tight and see what changes. My accounts seem to change every few days and not always for the better. I am not travelling right now so it doesn't matter yet.