FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:47 am
blackhat_3_6

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
I understand there is some kind of data retrieval problem with past stays, before the August 18th data merge posting. Seems especially prevalent if it was an SPG stay using your old SPG number before Aug 18th.

But why the heck aren’t stays after the August 18th merge posting? Surely the system was setup before hand to do the most basic task of posting a Marriott branded hotel stay to your Marriott account using your Marriott legacy number? The fact that this “simple” most basic part of their data retrieval system is broken for their own Marriott branded hotels speaks volumes to how poorly implemented, managed and tested this debacle has been.
This showed up in my account today:

Not sure if it means the process is broken and needs repair or if everything else is so screwed up they don't want to risk making things worse.

I am starting to get the impression that Marriott sees their relationship with their customers as an us versus them adversarial relationship which is why they don't tell us anything.