FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Linkou, Taipei [Master Thread]
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:16 am
Fly Me To The Moon

Four Points Linkou, Taipei [Master Thread]

Stayed at this new hotel over the weekend on the Opening Rate of TWD 3,999 including breakfast.

This will probably be my go-to hotel for one-nighters while starting my Cathay tickets ex-TPE (I never liked the Novotel Taoyuan, and had been staying at Four Points Zhonghe previously).

My CX flight touched down in TPE at 19:40 and was at gate by 19:45. Got off the plane and went through immigration and customs, and was out in the Arrivals Hall by 19:55. Walked over to the "Departures" side of Terminal 1, and then went down two levels to the Taipei Metro Station. Caught the Commuter Train leaving at 20:07 (TWD 60 to get to A9 Linkou Station). Was at Linkou Station in 15 minutes. The Four Points Linkou is just across the street from Station Exit 2. Checked in and was in my room unpacking by 20:30. That's the fastest plane-to-room time for me ever in Taipei.

I had booked a standard double room, and was pre-upgraded, as Platinum member, to a deluxe double room. I inquired if there were any king bedrooms available, and the attendant switched me over to the last one (also a deluxe category). There were no studio suites to be upgraded to (fully booked), so I am not sure of the upgrade policy here for Platinum members.

Three restaurants are open: Eatery for western, a Chinese restaurant, and also the Lounge. I only tried Eatery for breakfast in the morning. Must try these next time. I did a quick run in the gym; pool and sauna will not be open until at least one month later. There is a small shopping mall called Global Mall across the street (where Linkou Station is); I did not get a chance to see what was there. A Family Mart is a half-block from the hotel.

Eatery for breakfast...quite a good spread of Western, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese choices. Egg station. Many pastries to choose from. Self-services coffee machine.

All in all, this is a good hotel. I like the convenience and close proximity to the Airport. Photos are below.

Lift Lobby

Hallway to Room