FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:14 am
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Excuse me but I think these so called "bloggers" that you refer to require more dignity and respect than that! For one thing they'd like to be referred to as "media influencers". They're also independent enough not to have their opinions swayed by mere promises of interviews with the execs at hotel/airline chains. No, no, no, they require comp'ed stays and cash-mollah in their piggy banks for them to be influenced!

In all honesty, I suspect we're starting to enter peak payola territory with some influencers

-James
Since I doubt you count the hotel stays you do as part of your job as some sort of ‘luxurious perk’ I’m confused why you think I should think differently.

I also don’t understand why you think bloggers, who have kids and other responsibilities like anyone else, are so desperate for a free stay somewhere. I hired someone young and childless at a very chunky full-time salary partly to take the free J flights and 5-star hotel reviews I am offered, because I have better things to do.