FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott’s rocky rollout of new combined program not covered by bloggers
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:29 pm
Robert Leach
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I hear you and aplogize for framing my frustration in a way to demean original MR members. I now understand that not everyone has a choice to willingly select MR as their program.

I will say that most companies do keep a fair pulse of customer feedback, so I'm surprised that MR members have put up with a website that didn't display average rates, only discloses generic details of rates, doesn't allow for a search of up to 4 rate types at once and lacks property details such as public transportation options, property specific announcements and user-submitted photos. Perhaps there are other more important factors to the average MR member, but it does seem to me like MR members are less sophisticated to not demand or want those features. Clearly Starwood was smaller and more attuned to that kind of feedback, hence frustration from people like myself. Same for a very small amount of points for foregoing housekeeping, allowing pedestrian F&B options, etc.
Well, to be honest, I was always a bit frustrated by the Starwood site when it came to hotel searches. The thing of only looking at 4 rate types and not being able to set defaults for which rate types (e.g., AAA) displayed always irked me. While not horrible, I always thought it could be better.

But then I got to deal with the Marriott site. What a pain. Far inferior to SPG.

What a failure to seize the opportunity to improve things whilst building a new combined program site.