FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know)
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:54 pm
tauphi

Originally Posted by rocketscientess
Hi FlyerTalk, I got some good advice from you in the TWOV thread back in March so I'm back to ask some questions about a Chinese visa. My fiancé (Polish passport) and I are planning a trip to China for December and want to get the ball rolling on his visa application.

To be clear: he will be applying for a tourist visa on a Polish passport.

1) Does anyone have a recommendation for a visa service in the New England area that can handle the process for a non-US citizen here on a visa? Since we've never done this before I'd really love to take a recommendation from someone who has done the process before. A lot of websites I am finding default to instructions for US citizens, and I know we will need extra documentation for non-US.

2) It seems like we need to buy the airplane ticket first and also show confirmation of accommodation. If my fiancé will not be staying in hotels, but rather with my family, will a letter of invitation to stay with them suffice? It seems like that's not typical for tourist visa applications but as my fiancé I don't think he qualifies for the family visit visa.

3) Is denial-of-visa covered by travel insurance when you book a flight? I'm a little skeeved out by needing to buy a pretty expensive flight before confirmation that he can go.

Thanks in advance! Any advice or previous experience is especially appreciated.
Applying for a tourist/L visa is probably the most straightforward way to go as jiejie suggested. However, just to be clear on the requirements, if you were to apply for a Q2 visa (assuming your family are Chinese nationals) then all you need is a letter of invitation and a photocopy of a Chinese ID card. You do not need to provide any documentation proving the relationship between your family and your fiance. Such documentation is needed for Q1 only.

????????????? ? ??????????????