FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:30 pm
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baser1000
I’m really torn about Hyatt lodging for my upcoming October six-night Hong Kong stay and I’m looking for strong opinions on which Hyatt to stay in, please!

I’m a Globalist so I’ll have lounge access. Price isn’t a strong factor. I’m using points and a suite upgrade, so I’m looking at a high floor Harbor View Suite at the Hyatt Regency or a Grand Executive Harbor Suite at the Grand Hyatt (this is a premium suite but I’ll try to coordinate this room in advance like I did last time.)

I’m traveling from CA with my 74-year-old mother, who is fine walking. This trip is strictly vacation to explore the city. We’ll also do a day trip to Macau. We have no major plans for this trip except to sightsee, explore local reasonably priced food, and walk around…and we will take public transit most of the time. We also plan to relax at the hotel lounge and pool.

I’m seriously torn between these two property locations, despite reading reviews about both. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 3 nights in 2016 and I was blown away by the room, view, lounge, and pool. At the time, I was traveling with a friend my age so our longer walk to transit wasn’t a factor. This factor is what led me to consider the Hyatt Regency TST for my mom, though. I've never stayed here and I've never been to that area....my time there was limited last time because I got sick.

I really do value the hotel room, view, and amenities like the lounge at the Grand Hyatt, but I also want convenance for my mom since we'll be walking around a lot exploring. Is either the Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency TST truly a better property to stay at this time with my mom while touring the city? Will I regret staying at the Hyatt Regency TST after experiencing and loving the Grand Hyatt?

I’ll be on top of replies and I appreciate them all…this topic means a lot to me and I want this to be an incredible experience for my mother.
I would definitely go with Grand Hyatt to impress your mother. That HR isn't bad but doesn't have the wow factor like GH does.