FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:50 am
Sisyphus1carus

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks for the replies :-)
I shall watch this thread with great interest.

I hope my dates can stay the same for the longhaul.
I'd be surprised if they have enough J seats to accommodate those passengers booked on the AMS-CGK and LHR-CGK into one plane every day :-(

I'd rather go a day earlier though than be downgraded to economy, that would be a disaster and impossible for me to manage with my terrible chronic back problem :-(

I think I'll see if we can go to AMS the day before too and have a night there if it's possible so as to minimise the amount of hanging around at airports in one day and avoid a very early start from home.
Would suit my parents better.

The loss of a first class cabin is a shame too as I'd have kept an eye out for any decent cash upgrade deals - but pales in significance to my other concerns / replanning.

Out of interest, where do people tend to credit points from Garuda ? Never flown them before and if they are ditching LHR I doubt I will again (crazy cheap ex-eu prices withstanding).
Maybe I should try to do a status match out of OneWorld to get some status in their alliance before all this unfold too. Any suggestions for this ?

Nothing's ever easy is it !!!

Thanks for any and all advice :-)

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 25, 2018 at 10:56 am