FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring Bonvoy Points to Airline Program Miles [Discussion & Transfer Times]
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:05 am
surram

Programs: UA Plat, Mil Miler, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, National Exec. Elite, Hertz Prez Circle
Question ** URGENT ** - cannot transfer Marriott points to KrisFlyer

Hello,
Need your expert guidance urgently please. I am booking an economy MAA-SIN on SQ and I badly need at least 30,000 Krisflyer miles or so to upgrade. When I try to transfer my new Marriott Reward points I run into these issues:
1) "You can convert a maximum of 79999 points per partner each day" -- this probably is the old SPG program, but with the new program we should be able to convert up to 240,000 points in a day
2) I am not getting the advertised bonus 15,000 marriott points when I transfer 60,000 MR points...how do I get this?
3) Marriott customer service is telling me that it will take at least 7 days to get to KrisFlyer account...really?

Marriott customer service even for Plats is really bad...wait times of 30 minutes or more, and they are clueless. The merger has gone horribly bad.

Help me please on:
1) What is the quickest way to get Krisflyer points from Marriott?
2) If I need 30,000 Krisflyer miles, that is equivalent of 90,000 marriott points. Because of the 15,000 points bonus, should I reduce my ask to 75,000 points to convert? The online system asks me how many points I want to convert, and it tells me the miles...but it does NOT add the bonus equivalent of 5,000 Krisflyer miles at all. How do I do this?

Customer Service is NOT helpful...they keep saying I have to do it only online. But the web portal is broken horribly. PLEASE HELP!!

I am concerned the upgrade inventory gets depleted fast...

Thanks!