FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Packages Update
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:47 am
LDoc

Looks like nobody at Marriott/SPG can give refunds.

I sent an email to inquire about canceling an SPG Moments I booked for 10K Starpoints and they said they'll refund the points because it had to do with a family member hospitalization. When I replied that I was thankful for the offer and would like to cancel and get the refund, I got the below email. Looks like no departments can refund anything. The Marriott TEO (Thief Executive Officer) is holding all the points and will not give any back!

-----------------------------------------
We have just found that we have still not gained access to refund the Points for these packages as of yet. We are hoping to gain access in a couple of days. I have added your account numbers to our list of members needed refunds/or manual purchases and as soon as I am able to add the points back I will. I will follow up with you once it has been completed.

I apologize for the delay. With such a large merger we are working to sort through and correct any issues as soon as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

SPG Moments - Liaison

Last edited by yosithezet; Aug 31, 2018 at 1:14 am Reason: Removed non-executive employee name per FT Rules