FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:02 am
troyintn

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Antarius
This is nothing but a tiny blip with mass hysteria on FT. The vast majority of non travel obsessed people (which is the vast majority of people) barely know this is going on. Zero ultra high net worth individuals even care.

marriott has done a poor job of communicating issues, but come on, acting like this will lead to mass defections due to Lifetime Status being wrong for a few days? Only the handful of people here have even noticed.

simply put, unless merging etc is necessary, just wait. Why does it matter to the Platinum Premier member if they are Lifetime platinum right now.. vs in 2 weeks? It doesn't.
I agree with you that this will all work out, now with that being said the challenge, is as a Sheraton person how loyal am I to Marriott? If the point of buying SPG was to get a larger member base that catered to the higher end, you are driving those people away. Unsure what percent's were used for the customer base or was this deal 100% about the real-estate and hotel footprints. When this all works out I will have lifetime plat premier, now is a good time for me to try Hyatt for a backup hotel since I have nothing to loose. It I don't like it I can always go back, to Marriott or in my case Hilton where I also have lifetime status.