FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Bad Do You Estimate The IT Rollout Will Be?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:48 am
troyintn

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by osotoc
Will this cause you to leave the New Marriott program and focus on another hotel chain? If so, which one?
I am wondering about Hyatt, since I need a backup hotel, that I will use mostly at airports or some big cites. I like the Hyatt MCO and PIT since they are attached to the airports, but those are the only two I am aware of.
SPG was my backup hotel, I would do 75 nights a year with them for the bonus pts, but was mostly a Hilton guy, with about 125 nights a year. SPG had the smaller more personnel feel then Hilton or Marriott, but had a lot smaller foot print. Marriott and Hilton are very similar, the reason I choose Hilton was for the Hampton inns, that is their low end hotel, but they are everywhere and in a lot of small towns. In the bigger cities I usually have a favorite hotel where I visit, whether it was a Hilton or SPG.