FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:34 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Was told on a PSA flight today that only 1 drink is free and all others are paid. I showed the website that says "spirits are on us" but he didn't care and was VERY rude that I was questioning it. I paid up and will submit to AA for a charge-back. Time for someone to start a Class Action suit or sue for false advertising if they're going to advertise one thing and refuse to honor it months after it's implemented?
I have to say its rather absurd that a policy change that was initially discussed in Sept 2017 and announced in Jan 2018 with a release date of "spring 2018" that was later pushed back until June is still not something these "professionals" can handle 3 months after launch. Pushing the date out to make sure you can get things right makes sense but to do that and then still screw things up 3+ months later is really inexcusable. How hard would it be to have their handhelds that already know about EXP/OWE also indicate to the FA which rows are MCE and eligible for free drinks (rhetorical question, its not hard in fact its intern level work)? I thought the internet cowboys recommending lawsuits back in June were a bit over the top and still don't see how that would work other than making some lawyers happy but a CC chargeback does seem quite appropriate and one would think that if enough of them came through the cost of processing those would get the attention of someone who could fix this.