FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I setting myself up to miss my flight?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:05 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Under normal conditions on a Saturday morning, this sounds tight, but doable. I'd try to drop off your friend a little earlier though in case anything goes wrong. Unfortunately, since AA flies out of T4-5, you'll have to drive all the way around the "loop" of LAX if you're going to drop her off curbside. Depending on how crowded it is at that time, there's the potential to spend a lot of time in traffic at LAX proper to make your way around the whole loop. I think dropping her off at 8 would give you plenty of time, maybe 8:30 at the latest. (There's a LAX traffic thread going on in the Los Angeles forum right now which might be of some help to you too).

SNA is bigger than BUR, but still small. They have precheck lines (I haven't flown out of there recently on Delta, but have several times on Southwest. Everything is connected post-security, but Southwest is closer to a different checkpoint so can't speak to the DL priority line - with precheck though, I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get through security, usually it's under 5 for me).