FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:18 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
MASTER THREAD: Executive Lounges Worldwide

This single sticky re: executive lounge status will replace the 2 current MAR exec lounge stickies & SPG wiki. The sticky primarily deals w/ full-service properties vs. limited service such as Moxy, CY, 4 Points (unless they have a lounge). Info pertains to Plats, Plat Premier, Plat Premier Ambassador & those who book club/exec lounge rooms.

Post 2 explains the new combined MAR policy post-8/18/18 across all brands. Post 3 has exec lounge status for USA properties. Post 4 has exec lounge status for rest of world (ROW) properties. Posts 3 & 4 are listed in alphabetical state/city & country/city format.

This sticky will also include resort listings & will be updated as reports come in re: resorts/information is garnered. A # of the current resort listings are pre-8/18/18. As time goes on this sticky will have more updated/current info, whether regular or resort property. This sticky does have SPG properties listed (garnered from the SPG wiki), but will be updated in the next week or so to more fully incorporate SPG properties.

To avoid confusion: CLOSED on weekends means the lounge shuts down around noon on Friday & doesn't re-open until 5:00pm on Sunday (w/ the exception of some Middle East countries, whose weekends are on dif days). OPEN means that the lounge is still open for brekkie and evening offerings of food and drink Fri night, all day Sat & all day Sun. KEY ACCESSIBLE means the lounge is closed, but you can still enter with your room key to use the internet terminal or grab a soda or bottled water.

The format requested below is to keep the exec lounge info in a ‘cliff notes/just the facts/quick glance version’ & because FT has a character limit per post. Additional, more in-depth info & photos re: lounge offerings/experiences should be posted in the specific property threads & not in this thread.

Please list your responses in the following format:

1) City/Country/Property Name
2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends;
*Lounge open all weekend
*Lounge open for breakfast only (cont'l or full)
*Lounge closed, full breakfast in restaurant (free full or full w/ an upcharge from cont'l; list price of upcharge if known)
*Lounge closed, continental only in restaurant
*Lounge closed, points only
*Charge for additional guests beyond elite+1 & if so, what is the charge if known
3) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
4) date you know the info was valid (ie, 08/18)

When I update properties, I list them by the city order which is the way Marriott lists the properties on the website. So a property might have a major city in its name but is actually located in one of the suburbs of that city, so it will get listed by the suburb name. So, for example, Cleveland Marriott East is located in Williamsburg Heights so it will get listed away from the other Cleveland properties that are in Cleveland proper. I figured it was just easier to follow Marriott's listing format.

I NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THE LIST ACCURATE & UP TO DATE!! So please look at the list. If there's a property listed that is inaccurate, please post the accurate info. If there is a property missing, please add it following the #1-6 format above.

THERE IS ONLY ONE RULE: This thread is for listing the status of lounges only. It is NOT, I repeat NOT, a thread to discuss cutbacks/what you would like to see in lounges, upgrades, etc, etc. If you sidetrack the thread w/ those types of comments, I will ask the mods to move your post to the threads that already exist regarding those topics. Thanks for understanding!

Also, the obligatory disclaimer: This list is as accurate as I can make it, but should not solely be relied on (ie, I don't want to hear reports after a stay that you said at check-in, 'well SkiAdcock said the lounge was open or we get free certs' , so when in doubt always contact the property directly.

Cheers. Sharon

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 27, 2018 at 10:56 am