FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:52 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rknight20772
Booked a paid junior suite here in October as an Ambassador for 1 night, with a mastercard free night cert for a second night. I received the below from the hotel this morning:

T
he rate for the junior suite is £535. £480 for an upgrade when I can get the same room for only £55 seems a little steep!
Seems fair to me. Attempts to game any IC with such free night upgrades in base room with a single paid night in much jigher cat room will give rise to the IC pushing back.

If booking that big a difference bewtween paid night and free night (award or CC) when free night has zero upgrade right, you can't expect the hotel to give a foc of that multiple cats upgrades.

Booking same cat oe even 1cat above free night would probably not be mentioned and the free night would have been treated like paid night. Similarly possible that 4-5x paid with 1x free night may also be let through without request you ante up.

Pre-arrival upsell quoted will be the rate difference between the flex rate of base room and flex rate of suite, since free night accrues no foc cat upgrade from j-s to full suite.