FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:25 pm
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by avh
The questions I have are:

a) Should the letter be addressed to BA (who I booked the ticket with) or BA Cityflyer (who were due to operate the flight). I believe they have different registered business addresses.

b) Assuming that this doesn’t get me anywhere, should the next step be to go to the CEDR or the MCOL. I am aware that there have been at least two cases were the MCOL ruled in favour of the claimant in case of crew sickness, but has anyone successfully pursued a crew sickness claim with the CEDR?
avh, welcome to FT.

You need to write to BA Cityflyer. The same legal department at BA will deal with it, but you’re astute in identifying that the airlines are different entities with their own structure and certification.

I would personally think MCOL would be better for this - you’re looking at crew sickness at an airport that’s not a major hub for the airline (but still a significant point of operations), plus Cityflyer is not as big an operation so I can see BA arguing it would be reasonable not to have spare captains - as opposed to Cabin Crew - on standby. CEDR might just buy that - a court probably would not.