Thread: Who we all are
View Single Post
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:44 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raijin
Hello fellow FTers,

after some years lurking and just reading I registered today

I am in my thirties, female and living in Berlin, Germany. As my job does not recquire me to travel, I am playing the miles-and-points game on a private level, which means paying for every flight, hotel stay or crazy mileage run. It is fun, it's my hobby and I love it. I like spending time at airports, visiting lounges and just experiencing every part of my journey. My most loved part of this world is Kaua'i and I try to get back to the Islands at least every year or two with so much of the world left to see and discover. On my bucketlist are still so many countries and places...and sooo little time!

I've been loyal to Air Berlin for the last years and one of the many who has lost much miles and flights when they filed for insolvency. Now I am still a little bit heartbroken and just about to become BA Silver. Compared to most of you, this feels like a rookie-status but there's more travel planned ahead and slowly and steady I am getting there.
Speaking of loyalty schemes, I haven't yet quite managed to acquire some kind of hotel status as I am often staying in different chains and haven't looked into hotel loyalty programs that much. This is one thing I'd like to change in the future.

Looking forward to being a part of this great community!
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Hope you enjoy your travels.

Don’f worry too much about the status. It is a fun game to play, until it isn’t.