FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - mobile boarding pass QR code changed between check-in and flight?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:00 pm
ursine1

Originally Posted by EdofFX
I printed a paper boarding pass when I arrived at the airport last week, even though I already have a boarding pass in my mobile app. The flight was delayed for an hour and half, during which time the boarding pass disappeared from my app. I couldn't even find my reservation for that flight in the app. It only showed my return flight as my next reservation.

Good thing I printed a paper boarding pass, but I also wonder whether that caused the mobile boarding pass to disappear from my app.
The app doesn't actually save your boarding pass -- it just pulls it down when you request it. Then you need to save it to your phone, using the "Add to Apple Wallet" or "Save to Phone" button. If you try to pull down the BP when it's no longer available (or if you no longer have signal) you won't be able to access it unless you've saved it to your phone.

There's a well known app/system issue that causes mobile BPs to become unavailable when a flight is delayed and you've passed the scheduled boarding time.

Always save your mobile BP to your phone.